Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9641g SIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Anyone know if a 9641g SIP phone is able to do half screen? Would like to have the extension number on the left and add features buttons on the right. I saw some old stuff on the H.323 phones can do this by adjusting the 46xxsettings file but wasn't sure if that applies to SIP.

Thank you,

I could have swore the answer was yes and something I overlooked for years.

If you have an endpoint in SMGR of template 9608SIP_DEFAULT, on the Profile tab of the endpoint there is a full/half choice. Not so for the 9641SIP, but its there for the 9608.

p726:
"Profile Settings is available for 9608, 9611, 9621, 9641 SIP, and SIPCC set types of endpoints
for Communication Manager Release 6.2 and later.
Profile Settings work when the endpoint is associated to a user with a Session Manager
profile.

Kyle555,
Awesome. Thank you Gold Star for you.

kyle555,
I went digging through this and have only found this applies for h.323 phones. Do you have this working or know of someone that does? I would say it has to go in the 46xxsettings file for the feature FBONCASCREEN but not seeing it anywhere for SIP phones.

Thank you,

FBONCASCREEN is for feature keys on the first page. Split screen gets you a line down the middle and a full 8 keys on your 9608

No, I don't remember having actually tried using that parameter in a SMGR profile for a 9608 SIP set. I did check that it is there for a 9608SIP in the CM Endpoint Profile though.

Give it a shot?

kyle555,
Yes I saw that in there as well. I'll have to do some testing on the customers equipment.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back