Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9630G with IP office voicemail questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveystephenb

Programmer
Aug 29, 2012
US
I am testing some Avaya IP phones before deploying with our new IP Office.

I have a 9630G which boots with a display calling it a ONE-X phone? I have One-X portal on my IPO but it is not activated. Is One-X portal required for this phone to operate fully?

My question is regarding its voice mail behavior compared to 1608 and 1616 sets which I am also testing.

Once logged into voicemail the 1608 and 1616 remain logged in (no password required after pushing MESSAGE button. The 9630G prompts for password each time the MESSAGE button pushed.

Why is this?

No, the 9600s were branded as "One-X Deskphones". You don't need Portal to make it be a phone.

As far as the message button, I thought that when your voicemail was in "IP Office" mode as opposed to Intuity mode that the message key takes you right in without a password provided the user in IPO has the source number of their own extension. I wouldn't think there's anything specific to the 9630 to get password-less voicemail access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back