Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9630 Works 9620 Don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwiwire

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
US
We are trying to change most of our phones over to VOIP. The problem is the 9630 phones come right up without a hitch but the 9620 phones do not. They get stuck discovering the clan which makes me think there are some files that need to be added to the network. But how can that be if they suposedly use the same files? I did catch a quick message as it was booting up "invalid file hb96xxua2_00.bin" Then it asks for ext. and password after entering that it gets stuck discovering the clan address' Thanks in advance.

You may have to clear the phones. Did you buy them 2nd hand/refurb'd?

When it boots up and says press * to program, press the * key. Then scroll down to Clear and select that to clear the phone. They may have an AGL that they're trying to use -

What's your option 242 look like? And what files are you hosting on your http server? The latest FW is 3.1...

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Are they SIP phones vs H.323 based on that firmware version?

After doing a mute craft to check all that stuff while I had our vendor on the phone it all looks correct all the adresses and settings. They are not SIP if that helps Hmmmm...

Just make sure these are 9620's and not 9620L's. Does the phone have a USB port on the handset side?

Yes they have a USB port... Although the vendor thought that the invalid file message wasn't the problem he does want us to get the latest firmware on the network. I sent the link to the network guy but he was to busy assembling a new data center.

The 9620s still don't work and our vendor support is slow for some reason can some one here answer these questions about firmware updates?

Do I just copy the new files into the http server directory? Do I overwrite any files or directories that are the same?

Just an update apparently our software load we are running doesn't support the 9620c. Will we upgrade? Will we just use 9630 only to avoid the upgrade? Stay tuned:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back