Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9620L re-registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
CM 5.2
Avaya 9620L / 3.1

Hi - We have an issue where occassionaly (random and intermittent) a phone will drop off the network and re-register. This will cause the PC to lose network connection. The Phone will look like it has been powercycled. this happens to lots of phones at different times so it's not an issue with a single phone.

I have checked denial events and on the odd occassion I can see the below events but mainly see nothing. Also when checking the history file I can only see a registration entry as you do when physically unplugging a phone. There is nothing to say that the phone has unregistered only "ip-a"

2012 IP FURQ-Aged Endpt-no KA
2009 IP FURQ-Move user

Has anyone seen anything similar? It's as if the phone loses power but can't find any information to investigate further!

Thanks in advance

Could it be a DHCP lease expiring?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Check with your network-guys and have them examine the logs of your switches - maybe you'll find something there.

We had a similar problem with a switch that got too hot and randomly dropped a connection every now and then...

regards,
Sekitori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back