Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9620L H323 remote extn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else, I just can't seem to find it. Jenne has sent me a couple different documents but still doesn't make any sense. does anyone have or know where to find how/what is needed to set up a 9620L H323 (not VPN) on IP Office R8?
Also I've been told that with R8 comes a couple remote worker licenses so you dont need a teleworker license if your only using one? I'm trying to hook one up on our system before selling and installing on customers.
Info:
IPO v1 R8
linksys wrt54gl router (also have SG200 for our VPN) trying to not use the vpn router. Most customers won't have one.
Public IP
I've assigned the public IP to LAN 2 and programmed the 9620's call server as that, but that did not work. I thought you could do that. Reading into all the NAT/Stun stuff makes my head hurt.
Without people laughing or pointing fingers, I'm just a key system (Partner ACS) tech thrown into the IPO world when the change was made last year. I don't have a networking background, but can log into our routers n such.
I know the basics of IP office and can navigate it, just whatever I need to do on the network side I seem to need a little help with if anyone can give me some info in lamens terms.

youre lan address on the ipo needs to be local ip not public , youre routers need the public addresses with a simple pptp connection if possible

forget stun that is for sip

R8 comes with two remote workers but that is with vpn software loaded onto the phones and in basic mode , what mode are you running?...forget it try this

Create an ip route on the ipo ip, o.o.o.o subnet, o.o.o.o then make the gate way the internal ip of your router connected to the ipo lan port.

on your other remote router create a vpn between the sites basically using pptp if supported , just duplicate the settings so router 1 has the external ip of router 2 and vice versa then create user name and passwords for youre vpn on the same scenario.make sure youre vpn is active or this is never going to work.

plug youre 96** into the second hop router .(remote)

call server= IPO lan IP of the lan port that youre first router is plugged into

router = Gateway router youre phone is plugged into second router

file server= in your case put the ipo lan address of the call server.(first router)

subnet = 255.255.255.0

# through everything else.

ensure you have a h323 extn created on the ipo with a user /or even just a user set up as a hot desk user.

the phone should go through its boot up and find its http files, if that fails youre file server settings need adjusting and you need a http file server to dish out files ..but lets just get the phones grabbing the http files first...let me know

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Month, he is talking about remote H323 extn's. Stun is involved in discovering the systems external up and also the type of NAT involved, then you need some port forwarding and other stuff, it is all quite well explained in the Manager help files, search for "remote H323 extension" or look at the user licencing section of the help files and follow the link of the same name. You actually get 4 for free btw :)

*open manager
*press F1
*search "remote h323"
*select the first result.

Its all there including pictures, and the port forwarding requirements.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

oh yes sorry was late im thinking about hanging phones of a vpn tunnel.........waht can i say too much stella and not reading correctly

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back