Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9620 discovery mode - reset to factory values

Status
Not open for further replies.

goku78

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2013
MX
Hello folks,

I have tried to reset a 9620 phone that is in discovery mode, but the only procedure I found is when the phone is connected in service.
Does anyone know how to reset it to the factory value if the phone is in discovery mode?

Please let me know your comments,
Kind regards
Goku78

AS the phone boots up, you should see the option to press * to program, you then would use "craft" to gain access.

Do you know the path in the menu to reset to factory values after you gain access?

Go into the menu as mentioned by DAVIDPAYNE and then select the CLEAR, then the second time do the RESET VALUES.

The procedure worked,

Here is exactly what I did:

Unplug the phone, then after a couple of minutes plug it back in, as the phone boots up, you should see the option to press * to program, you then would use “craft” to gain access.

This will cause the craft procedures menu to be displayed.
Just scroll through the menu and follow the soft key prompts to get to reset or clear.

In this case we need to use clear to remove old configurations.

This procedure worked correctly.

Just a tip in discovery mode, just hit # to restart it.... the * to program yadayada

I have come across a 9620 that will not show the "Press * to program" option when rebooting. It simply states my 100 Mbps connection then goes to look for the router and displays "bad router?". I never have any opportunity to program the phone. Has anyone seen this issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back