Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9611G

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueRiver31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2009
US
Will the 9611G work on 6.1(12)? If not does anybody have a similar phone that will work.

Thanks Michael

Yes it works but not supported.
The reason why is that the screen aligment is not good.
The buttons are not on the same place as where it is no the screen.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have a 9611G that I am trying to get working on our IP 500 V2 demo unit. I am running 6.1(5). When I plug the 9611G in it goes through DHCP and goes to the right VLAN. It then comes up with an error that says bad file server address. Any suggestions?
I have a 5621 that normally works in this location. I also have a 9620L that comes up fine. If I do get the 9611G to work is this going to be something I would want to sell to a customer? What series of IP phones do you use?

Thanks Michael

The new 9600 is supported on 6.1.12 except for the 9611.
I am not sure if it should work.
I have had it running fine on the 6.1 field trials and it runs fine on the 7.0 field trials at the moment.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

2.1 Support for 96x1 Series Telephones and Button Module (BM12)
This Maintenance Release includes support for the 9608, 9621 and 9641 telephones.
These telephones are supported exclusively on IP500 and IP500v2 systems.
HTTP Firmware Upgrades - Due to the size of the firmware files, IP Office upgrade
from the internal memory card, or using the TFTP to HTTP relay via the IP Office Control
Unit will not support HTTP services for these telephones. It is recommended that
firmware upgrades for 9608, 9621 and 9641 telephones are performed using an external
HTTP Service such as an IIS or alternative HTTP Server. This does not affect the
current ability to upgrade other telephone types (4600, 5600, 1600, and 9600) directly
from the control unit memory card or using HTTP relay.
For the current 96x1 telephones, the new default files to be provided by IP Office are:
• 96x1upgrade.txt
• 96x1settings.txt
• 96x1 language files
• ext_96x1data.txt backup file (where ext is the User’s extension number)
• 96x1 firmware files are labelled as S9608_11HALBR6_1r27_V4r52.tar and
S9621_41HALBR6_1r27_V4r52.tar dependant of the current version
The mechanisms used to automatically generate the 96x1upgrade.txt file will be the
same as for the 1600 phones generated by the core software in the IP Office. This will
contain the valid list of boot and application firmware versions for the 96x1 phones
supported by IP Office. These files will be included in the list of ‘phone’ files to load onto
the embedded storage provided by IP500 and IP500v2.
The associated Button Module (BM12) provides the telephone with an additional 24
buttons (2 pages of 12) which can be used as Appearance and Feature Buttons. A
maximum of three Button Modules (BM12) may be connected to a 9608 or 9641
telephone. The 9621 telephone does not support any additional Button Modules. For
further information please refer to the “System Button Module Support” section of the IP
Office Product Description.

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back