Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9610 IP telephone features

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCurious

Technical User
Jul 19, 2003
US
CM5, 9610 IP telephone, telephone software 3.0

1. Caller ID
If I define 9610 as 4610 telephone - caller ID is working.
If I define the phone as 9610 - caller ID is not shown.
I would like it to be administred as 9610, and to keep caller id...Possible ?

2. Light
When the phone is ringing,red alerting light is not lit.
When you turn off the bell, red light is lit as long as the phone is ringing.
How to make light working disregarding of bell volume?

3. Transfer
How to make a transfer?

Thanks,

The Curious

If you define the extension telephone set as 9620, caller ID is also working on 9610.

Poor 9610...
Average analog set with Caller ID is having much more features than 9610.
At least transfer is working on analog set.

The Curious

Looks to me like the screensaver fucntion doesn't work properly either. Loads the custom jpg and runs it as a screen saver, but after a little while (30-60 mins?) it goes back to the darn one-x logo. Why'd they even bother with this phone?!

Have you got the latest firmware or downgraded to a older one. Try until you find a working one you're satisfied with.

It's the latest firmware. I'll try one or two others, but for the limited number of phones, it's not worth spending too much time on. The 9630's and 9620's work.

I'm still calling CM 5.2 and IP Phones 3.0 beta, this stuff is buggy. Glad this is just in in house demo system, not a customer system. It's almost like IPO 3.0 all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back