Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608s and headsets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAToronto

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2011
CA
I have several users complaining about the way the headsets are working on a 9608. I tested on mine its the same
If they have their headset on and are on line 1 and a second call comes in on line 2 they have select line 2 to answer and then push the headset button again to use the headset. This doesn't seem quite right. On our 5610 sets once the headset button is pushed you can answer all lines and never have to tell the set to use headset Can the 9608 be configured this way?

The phone has a setting under Home\Settings\Call Settings\Audio Path to set the preferred audio path to headset instead to speaker. Hope I remember the menu correctly. It's also a good option if you dial through any kind of CTI.

Thanks Derfloh
worked like a charm!!
would be nice if the Avaya techs here in Toronto knew 1/10 as much as the guys in this forum!!!!
I submitted this request to my support vendor 2 weeks ago and only just earlier got an email stating they would have to research this yet I posted here and had my issue resolved in literally 30 min

I knew :)
sometimes it is also that requests like that stop on the first line of defense and don't get to the techs that know.
Cheers, Eh!

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Just be aware that forces any paging calls through the headset, it won't come through the speaker anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back