Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608G VPN Issue when two phones connect at same location

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflounders

Programmer
Dec 8, 2002
US
We just upgraded a locations remote workers from 5610s to 9608G working in VPN mode connecting to a Sonicwall. After the upgrade we found that the phones will work until a second phone is connected at the same remote location. Once a second phone is connected both phones will work and will make calls but at 10-30 seconds they freeze, drop the audio and become unresponsive for 60 seconds then will work again but only for 10-30 seconds. The phone does not reboot during this time, it just freezes. This did not happen with the 5610s,

Kevin Flounders

if I was going to have multiple handsets at a remote location I would suggest using a hardware VPN (Router to router) rather than the VPN firmware in the handsets

The handset VPN is really intended for "Road Warrior" & home usere type settups where there would not be multiple handsets

This does not explain why the 56XX handsets worked ok though.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I am pretty sure this has to do with the authentication. the old 56xx phones used the serial number as auth. the new phones dont use the serial number and use a user account. are you using different accounts for each phone?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back