Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 Won't Logout

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
R8.1.44

When access the logout command via CRAFT nothing happens. I hit the 'Logout' button and then hit the logout softkey to confirm as instructed, but nothing happens. The only button that works at that point is the 'Cancel' softkey.

Bug? Can any confirm the same issue?

From 46xxsetings...

################# OPTION ACCESS SETTINGS #################
##
## This setting restricts access to certain user options.
## OPSTAT is not supported on 96xx or 16cc SIP phones.
##

and OPSTAT is commented out so should be efault.

Not supported on 96xx SIP phones.
Is that what you have? I must have missed that fact.
You can look at the 96xx admin guide yourself and see that OPSTAT is supported for 96xx H323 phones.

Good luck.

When logoff does not work then it is mostly not registered.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Should still be able to assign a login or logoff button to a button to logoff

Seen this before.

I suspect that the user doesn't have a pin code (telephony tab) assigned.
You won't be able to log out 9608's without a pincode set.

Regards
Gunnar

logging out via craft is unregistering the handset. Why are you doing this?? Can you not just log out the user and leave the base??

I believe there was a tech tip that this option wasn't supposed to be used when these phones are on IP Office, so not a supported method. Having said that, it should work.

Can you Craft>clear the handset???

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

take a look at the id/extension setting for that unit in IPO. I had the same problem. Find out what extenstion that one is assigned. Make sure that extension is setup correctly in IPO. Then login with it then logout. If the extenstion is setup properly it should work. Also, everytime you reboot that phone it will default to the extension you have defined in IPO. I had the same problem but it went away ater we made sure the ID/Extension and Extension were properly setup.

You can try clearing the phone with craft as suggested bu you also have some clean up in your IPO setup as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back