Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 VPN "VPN Tunnel Failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhosYourDiffie

Technical User
Mar 5, 2018
US
Hello all,

We have a client that has 3 9608 VPN Phones that are connected to a system that is on 8.1(56) and the firmware on the phones is 6.6 and up. The VPN device they are using is a Cisco ASA5505.

The VPN phones have all the correct information logged into them. A few of the phones will either restart on their own or will continuously stay "VPN Tunnel Failure" now. I've tested all 3 phones before leaving the job site, even testing inbound and outbound calls on them so I know the information that was entered into the VPN category is correct.

If I read enough information, I'll need to up the firmware the phone system to match the correct firmware on the phones because the firmware on the phones cannot go down. Is this assumption correct? Would the firmware mismatch be the culprit?

If you have any ideas or any insight on this issue please let me know.

Thank you friends!!! :)
Diffie [afro]

I know that the VPN phones all going back to the same IP address.

I looked at your post and I have had 3 phones works perfect at one location with the same exact set up as this one but just with more up-to-date equipment.

It does make sense that the phones may have an issues all getting mugged down but I was really hoping for a winner here.

Thanks for your post.

Also, there may be a firewall at the problematic location not allowing VPN traffic. Make sure UDP ports 500 and 4500 are allowed for VPN passthrough at remote locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back