Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 IP with SIP mode enabled on Constant loop after SIP files installed in Manager's folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiNoel

Technical User
Nov 21, 2009
BR
Hello. After I placed 9600 SIP files on IPO Manager's folder and enabled SIP mode on it, the IP phone loaded many of the 9600 SIP files I downloaded from Avaya website, but then on its final booting procedure, pops up this HUGE Configuration Screen DHCP? 0-No, 1-Yes/ Set IP/ Netmask/ Router/ HTTP IP/ TLS IP/ VLAN ID/ Group. I tried configuring with the phone IP address and other required info, but still, it always gets stuck in the UPGRADING APPLICATION step (Network problem/ Can't obtain files/ Rebooting ...). I cannot reach CRAFT screen anymore. What do you think would happen if I tried pressing MUTE key for 3 secs? Would that lead the system to prompt me to enter a password. So I'd hit 27238#

I think you have done something you shouldn't have done, these phones are not supported with SIP software on IP Office.
Trying to is like filling up a car with a high octane fuel engine with diesel and then try to get it started.
Said that you can use wireshark to see if it request some file you missed but I would consider the phone as bricked and use it as decoration or donate it to a school as a toy for the kids there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back