Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 IP Phone, Twinning +Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispyderman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2019
US
We just recently switched over to a new IP Office solution. However, my old bells don't seem to want to work like they used to. I used to put a simple bridged appearance on the analog ext where the bell exists and it worked. That does not work in IP Office. The solution now is to twin to that analog station. Simple enough. BUT, what happens when the user also wants to twin to his cell? I've tried a few things. Of course, twinning to a analog station works. So, I put a mobile number in the bell's twinning option. And, if you ring the bell, it rings the cell. Great. HOWEVER, when I twin to the analog station from the 9608 IP Phone, it doesn't ring the bell or cell. Ugh. I thought I had it. Likely a limitation here. So, does anyone have a workaround or solution to this? Thanks in advance.

Make the extension the pilot number of a hunt group and use a new extension number for the telephone.
make the group collective call waiting.

until you get it programmed and resolved you can try
Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

Only way is to have a group with the user and the bell in it, so they both ring and then use mobile twinning on the user, so that rings as well.

| ACSS SME |

the ring pattern might be screwing up the ringing of the analog devices if it is the double ring and not a steady full 1 second ring pattern.
see if internal calls directly are doing the same and check the pattern of the ring cycle with a butt set to hear it clearly

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back