Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 Handsets Updating After Reboot - Cannot Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaaayB

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2017
US
Hi all,

We have started to have a problem with our Avaya phones, where some of our employees have moved desks and unplugged their phones (despite specific instructions to leave them be) and when it boots back up, an update is applied and the handset can no longer login with an extension number.

As far as I know there have been no server updates or anything that would have prompted this to happen.
Below you can see on the left a phone which works, and on the right a phone that was rebooted and updated. You can see it asks for a username instead of an extension.
20190621_110111_vsrnxi.jpg

Any ideas?
We use super old software to manage everything (ASA version 3.1.13) and I never had any formal training on it. I just sort of picked it up because I had to.
The annoying thing is we move to a cloud based telephony system in literally a weeks time.

Thanks you.

Looks like it flashed over to SIP. Reflash them back to H.323 would likely fix them but with a CM version that old you might have a time locating FW that is compatible.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into how I can do this.
It's an isolated system so I have no idea how it could have flicked over in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back