Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9608 and Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

plough

Technical User
Jul 12, 2005
US
Often we run a Hub off the pass-through on a 9608 type set. Seems to work fine

The question has been bought up - can we run multiple 9608's through 1 hub in cases where limited network drops are available? (obviously needing power since no POE is available)

Thanks in advance.

Do you actually mean hub or do you mean switch.

If hub then no do not do it as due to the nature of a hub I cannot see it working very nicely with multiple real time devices. If you mean a switch then yes I have done this myself when there have been limited network points.

| ACSS SME |

Do you mean that your are actually connecting multiple devices through the 9608 (connecting the data witch to the 9608), or are you connecting multiple 9608's to a data switch on the desk?

if you have a shortage of data points at a location connect all the handsets to a hub/switch connected to the available network point
as pepp says use a switch as a hub is likely to cause quality issues. also unless you already have the spare switch hanging around it will be less trouble to source a POE switch (if you are short of network sockets I bet you are short of power skts as well)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back