Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9600 to ShoreTel T1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmpimp

Technical User
Apr 12, 2004
US
I am looking for help on Connecting a 9600 to a ShoreTel with a PRI. Specifically the User vs. Network settings. I can get everything to establish with the ShoreTel as the User but I am told I need it to be the Network. I am not sure what the Fujitsu calls this. I can see calls hit the trunks on the ShoreTel when it dials out but they reorder within a second and I dont see them hit the Fujitsu. I can also see the calls hit the trunks on the Fujitsu side when it dials out but nothing on the ShoreTel.

When the ISDN PRI D channel is built in the ASS ISTRK command, the "MS" feild is for either Master or Slave.
If the Shoretel is the Network, then set this parameter to Slave.
I have gotten this to work with Cisco <-> F9600 as DMS100; to allow the name and number to pass between the two systems.
The F9600 is not fully NI2 compatible. With the Cisco there were several tweaks needed to make the Cisco happy. The F9600 does not drop a call due to a "missing mandatory IE". Instead it will try to work with any information in the setup message.
DIS ILOG and DIS CALLS could help discover what the ShoreTel may not like about the F9600 call setup message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back