Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9508/9608 no Group name with external calls? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
Hi guys,
weird thing I've never noticed before, customer complained about this and I just confirmed.
With a 9508/9608 if calling a group internally you will see caller and the group name in your screen. If you have an external call you only see caller ID of caller, no group name. I do get a 'b' on the second line, thats it. Customer not able to answer call according to which group they are a part of.
Extensions are in multiple groups/companies, "thanks for calling chevy service" vs "thanks for calling ford service".
5410/5420's work fine, I have attached screen shots.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this and know how to fix, Distributor tech support is taking sweet time getting back to me.

Thanks!
9508_external_nptvyw.jpg
9508_internal_yrzdlo.jpg
phone_screen_u40yzx.jpg

It's really down to you and/or Avaya to fix, the disty is just a box shifter that may offer free support.
What version? I have yet to encounter this issue with any release. In the short term try tagging :)

Go to System>Telephony>TUI>Column View Preference = single (default is dual columns)
or on the phone : Features > Phone User > Phone Screen Settings > Display Mode setting

I've tested on 2 systems, 8.1 (v1) and a 9.0 (v2) with same results.
The single columns did the same thing, still no group on external incoming.
Turns out my "tagging" was causing the issue, DANG! But thats on the 8.1, I'll have to go onsite or see if customer can get me a screen shot of when its ringing on their phones.
Calls hit an Auto Attendant first, for chevy press 1 for ford press 2, this is where Bob who is in both groups answers "thanks for calling chevy... or ford".
Very important, they can't just say "customer service", it has to be specific. Which is fine because it works on 5400's, crazy!
The 9608's are also connecting via a VPN tunnel, not sure if that matters or not? They say the local 9608's have same issue too.

Thanks for the replies!!!

Looks like the 'b' is a call tag in incoming call routing. You can see it on the 5400 screen as well I the lower left corner. Remove that tag fromICR and you will be fine.

alternatively, if the chevy/ford decision is made in a VM pro AA, add the tagging there.

Basically, either add tagging in the right place and send to one HG, or remove tagging and send to correctly named and different HG's.

Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back