Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9111-520 AIX server power-on problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

samirm

Technical User
May 12, 2003
US
Hi,

We have one P520 RS6000 server with model 9111-520
The server is connected with a Terminal(console)type ibm3151
While powering on the server, the following error codes are showing in LCD screen which is at front panel of the server. The following nos. are coming sequentially :-

C1112000
C1000902
C100C165
C100C164
C100C168
C100C169
C100C182
C100C183
C100C1A0
C100C1A1
C1802000
110000AC

And finally the Green LED ( at front panel ) of the server is blinking and there is no display in console.

I want to confirm is this s serious hardware issue or there is any problem with the connection from Rack.

I have seen there are two power cord which are connected with the server. Not sure whether due to the power issue it is throwing this error.

Is there any idea why its happening ? This server was running fine. Since the server was test server and most of the users were not using, it was not monitored properly. But when the requiement came to reconstruct the server, this problem happened. Any idea ..?

Thanking you.

Sam

I've had this problem before.

It normally occurs after cutting power to the p520

When no 1100000AC comes up try pressing white button on LCD panel and hopefully machine will boot up.

I am going to try all possible ways you guys mentioned in the data center today.

To some extent the point which "unclebrian" has mentioned is matching the criteria. The server was working fine. Yesterday this incident happened. may be some power issue.

But I have seen there are three white buttons at front panel. One "upper arrow", 2nd is with "SCSI mark" and the last one with "down arrrow".

Thanks again to all, for this wonderful support.

Sam

Sorry Guys.

I believe it was my mistake. The power point form the otherside RACK was not good. I tried with different powerpoint and and also with different power cable. And restarted the server. The server was fine. It came up without any issue.

During 1st time when it was coming up, it thrown some error at server console power/cooling subsystem is not OK.

After that I simply cleared those errors from errpt and did shutdown -Fr to reboot.
The server came up properly and since then I haven't seen any more error from errpt output.
Seems I am fine.

Thanks to all for your help.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back