Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 using ESA RLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardybacon

Technical User
Nov 21, 2013
US
Is it possible on a Nortel CS1000 7.65 to set 911 ESA in load 24 to RLI and change 911 to from CDP to NPA so it will go out the SIP Trunks, fail over to Ground Start and be able to set an OSN Key? I have been able to get fail-over without using ESA and the OSN Key using ESA. -Thank you

In ESA you set RLI so you can do whatever you want with it. Also you can use ERL if you have several different locations that require different routing. For example I have a main site that is a refinery that has its own first responders so I have:

ESA 911 set to route to RLI taking it to PSTN at the main site as 911 (NXX)
Then an ERL for all the normal users at the main site that goes to RLI that local terminates, deletes 3 and inserts the security DN
The ERL against the Main Site Security phones route to PSTN as 911 (NXX) so they can request assistance if required.
Also site has 2 SMG so 2 more ERL that route the users out of the PRI's on their local site.

Obviously if you start employing ERL they can all have their own OSN

Thank you bignose21. The RLI works as long as I don't have 911 as an ESA. I had 911 set as NPA and tried it as UKWN & SPN. I'll try it as NXX. Once I make 911 the ESDN, the calls stays CDP. I'm going to try to convert it to a 7 Digit NXX for the SIP E911 that ends in 911 and let Session Manger delete 4 digits.

Changed the DGT\DMI NXX and that did it. I have it as NPA at some other sites. - Thank you

DMI 91
DEL 3
ISPN NO
INST 911
CTYP NXX

yes had similar when we had agents in several places in asia registered in Malaysia, they would dial emegency numbers we would actually send is as 89xxyyy (xx = destination site, yyy = the emergency number) call type INTL. +89 is an unused country code so useful for special numbers, the session manager would remove the +89xx and route on towards gateway in same location as the agents. If it was exiting through a CS1k we would leave it as +89xxyyy and just have INAC YES on the SIP and then SPN 89 to delete 5 digits and change the call type to NXX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back