Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Short Code Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
One of our clients has asked us to setup a rule for each of their homeworkers using 9611g phones. Although they know and are ok with having a cell or their own home line at hand for 911, the office housing the IPO is asking if I can make what I would refer to as a 911 shortcode at the user level for these 3 or 4 people.

In other words, if they panic and dial 911 from the VPN phone, can I simply have a user shortcode that is 911 Dial 914155557878 which is the local police department in their down? Granted it's not e911, but at least the police station picks up in the correct town and not 1500 miles away.

Again, it' just a backup for people who already know and are OK using their home landline or cell. It's just to prevent an accident.

If I make a 911 user shortcode for to dial a local number will it work or is there some e911 override thing in the IPO that ignores these types of changes and still reverts to the regular 911 on the ARS table?

Thanks

If you dial 9 for outbound calls, be sure to add a User Short Code for 9911 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back