Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneyguy1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
My customer says that at one time they printed all 911 calls to a dot matrix printer only without a terminal attached. I can get the printer to print 911 calls but I must use a printer attached to a terminal. Is there a way to just print to a printer only?

It has been about 10 years since I have done it but if I remember right you need to hook up the parallel port of the printer to the tty and you should be good to go

That's what is the problem. If I remove the terminal from the parallel port and hook up the printer it will not print.

Actually it needs to be a serial port on the printer. Most printers come as parallel. You will need a serial printer where you can set the baud rate and parity. Some printers you can add a serial board to.

Thanks, I will try that and post how it worked.

When you program the tty port under USER you will need to put OSN for the 911 call to print out. If in fact they are using the ESA Data Block in LD 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back