Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 help, keyboard not working using osk to type

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Technical User
Oct 6, 2002
CA
I can't get my keyboard to type, it just stopped working. the on screen keyboard is how i am typing. please help, can give many details cause i have done nothing out of the ordinary. any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Try another keyboard? (presume you checked its connected properly).

yes i checked the keyboard but i has been workking fine up till it decided to stop. I have been fooling around and have it atleast partially working, but whhen i hit certain keys they give me diffeent things i.e when i type v, i get vb. ex i am going to type the word animal out
"ahnijma.l" .....thats what its doing

so, I'd still try another keyboard as first port of call.

Look at your language setting under RUN, MSCONFIG. Something my have change it.
Have you download any fonts?

Generic keyboard, or Microsoft / Logitech? Maybe it's drivers you need! Try to remove your keyboard from the device manager and restart to allow Windows to re-detect it. If you have a name brand keyboad, get drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back