Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve 17

Systems Engineer
Jun 4, 2018
US
greetings all.
I have a customer that has an 8700... roughly 15 yrs old. They have 4 digit dialing and use 8 to dial out. We need to make changes on the dial out for 911, so that the users can simply dial 911 and get to EMS services. They have extensions though out the 9000 range. Naturally they have 9110 though 9119 filled up with extensions. Question is will I need to relocate these 10 ?.... the 9100 range or the entire 9000 range ?

Naturally this is a reaction to the Kari's law. And if this question has been asked I apologize for repeating it.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Don't break anything and pay a partner to offload that responsibility from yourself.

That being said, the PBX processes every digit dialed (unless you're SIP, but not at that age of PBX, so let's not talk about that).

In your dislplan analysis table, you'll see what is spelled out - maybe '9' of length 4 is 'ext' for extension. You generally don't want overlaps and I'm not even sure you could try to overlap at your release. So, if you instead had 90,92,93,94,95,96,97.98,99 all of length 4 for ext and then 910,912,913,914,etc the same and then had 911 of type ars or something to go right to ars, you could spell things out explicitly enough that 911 could only mean one thing.

You'd only have to scrap extensions 9110-9119.

Still, my best advice is pay for help. If you need to ask, you don't want to be responsible for it.

If their ars is 8, then ars digit conversion won't do it. They didn't dial 8 so ars isn't going to be invoked.

Wondering if you could do this using an aar ana entry of 911.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back