Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Calls Tracking and Tracing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgallard

MIS
Dec 1, 2010
US
Gents, set up ERL for a remote office, and I am working with Qwest and PS Ali Intrado to make sure that when someone calls from any phone at the remote facility it delivers the correct address, not the HOST PBX address, which is a CS1K Rls. 5.5

My problem is that it works from some remote offices but not from all of them, so I went to a location where the system did not work, and I changed the ERL on the set for one of a location that works, but it still did not work from that broken location, not even after I used the working ERL.

How can I trace a 911 call to see what digits I am sending to the CO?

Thanks

are you using pri? then enl msgo x on the dch. if not you can ld 80 trad x x the channel or trac the tn?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the trouble is usually the local carrier, ever thing else matches

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

With Qwest, at some locations, we had to install one analog trunk and route all our 911 calls out via that trunk. The correct information was displayed by Intrado. It had to do with the CO they were using.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

But how can we explain that frmo the same CS1K 5.5 I have 10 remotes, I was able to make it work on 7 but not the other 3, I validated my ERL Programming on LD117, and also the TNS, to make sure they had the correct ERL, and needless to say my ROUT is the same to send calls to Qwest for all remotes, I also double check the Intrado programming since we have access to that and it all looks the same as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back