Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Calls from Nortel Option 61C release 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
Don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue. My spree code for outside calling is '9' so a user making a long distance code would dial 9-1-(xxx)xxx-xxxx. However, if they pause after dialing the 9 and then the 1 or hang up because they changed their mind, the switch for some reason decides - aha! That caller was probably trying to call 911 and collapsed before they could dial the last digit. As a result, our dispatch center receives dozens of bogus 911 calls. Is this controlled by a setting somewhere? I do not want out switch to send out a 911 call unless all three digits are dialed. Any help would be appreciated before my dispatchers strangle me.

No the switch doesn't do that, more than likly there finger twitched.

there is a FAQ that you should look at Posted by 911guru

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

More likely than what your users are telling you is that they are trying to dial too fast or "fat-fingering" and dialing 9-1-1 by accident, then hanging up the call when they realize their mistake. There is NO WAY a PBX would assume that 9-1-pause or 9-1-*click = 911 and route the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back