Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911 Call Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munzzzzzzz

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
We have three different physical buildings sharing a single Nortel phone system with two of the buildings using remote shelves connected to the main building via either T1's or ISDN lines, I believe. We have a problem that when someone dials 911, the 911 operator always gets the same address and phone number regardless of which facility has dialed 911. When/if they call us back, the facility that gets the callback has no way of knowing who dialed 911, if it was someone at that facility or even someone at another facility.

I would like to be able to display the 911 calls in our call logging software (Veramark) so that person could sign in, poll the PSU and run a quick report to see what extension it was dialed from. However, it doesn't look like the phone system is sending 911 calls to the polling unit. Looking at the raw call data, I see all of the calls made in the general timeframe a 911 call was placed but the 911 calls don't show up, even if they were for a minute or more. Is there something specific that has to be set to get the system to send 911 call data to the data collection unit? I'm not sure if the problem is because it is a 911 call (we actually have to dial 9911) or because it is only four digits so it is not being recoginzed as an external number.

Also, in a previous post it was determined that we don't have the right settings on our system to display the info about the 911 call right on the console/in history that can be viewed from LD 22. Is that something that is easy to set up, if we can't get the first option working?

Have you looked at configuring and OSN set? We have a digital with OSN right next to our 2250 and it works fine.

Forgive me, but I'm by no means an expert in the Nortel systems and am not really sure what you mean by an "OSN set". Could you explain?

As a starting point, grab a copy of the "Emergency Services Access" NTP corresponding to the release of your phone system.

Also check out the LENS software FREE from eTelemetry at
The free LENS gives you screen pop to a PC and will work on any software release with ESA configured. (their web site says 5.0 and 5.50 because that's what was current when they tested)

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Check out this month's E911 Talk podcast at Nortel E911 Talk Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back