Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

911/ARS Digit Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

demanding

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2008
US
Problem-911 is set up in the ARS Digit Conversion table as "11 convert to 911" - no problem; however, when someone dials just "911", it does NOT alert anyone w/Crisis Alert buttons or put a notification in the emergency calls list. Way around that? We are getting hammered by the 911 center about hangup calls and we think someone is dialing just "911".

Mine works both 911 and 9911. My digit conversion is below:

ARS DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

11 2 2 2 911 ars n n

Does yours look the same??

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Yes it does.

We are using CM 3.1.5. What are you using?

This sould work. Are you sure crisis alert works when you dial 9911?

Yes - it only works when we dial 9911.

what build are you using? I just took over a position on a G3RV9.05 and this is my first time working on equipment this far back. My last two positions have been on a G3RV11 and 8720 with G650 Media... I took a look at my ARS and I'm unsure why they did it this way, but I'm sure there is an answer.

Code:
 ARS DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Pattern     Min   Max   Del   Replacement String   Net  Conv ANI Req

11                   2     2     2     1500                 ext   n       n
  911                  3     3     3     1500                 ext   n       n

hopefully that will help you get it working. It's not ideal, but it should solve the issue you are having... hope it helps

meh, i got concerned and i figured out what they did... that 1500 extension just goes to our operator and the operator dials 911 for us... scratch that... although you could use the same principle and use a VDN to dial 911... but thats just a hassle.

This is the load I am using.

Software Load: R013x.01.2.632.1

Does the call complete to the 911 center when you dial 911?

If so the only issue is that crisis alert is not tripping on just 911?

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

There was another entry for this that had us all stumped...as it really didnt' show up when traced. It was under the ARS ANA table 11 location 1 dialed string "11" and the call type was "svcl" - I removed this as it was overriding the other tables...all works now. Why it was in several places is beyond me. Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back