Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9100 DID mode switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayres1003

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2010
US
Here is the scenario: 1 pri. 1 location. 2 departments.
In the beginning, I let 1 of the departments use the standard mode switching using their Night mode button during the day for break/lunch. I also put them on normal automatic scheduling in cmd 12 for start of day and end of day. This worked fine.
I put the 2nd department on manual DID switching. Pressing the DID mode button and picking which mode. This worked fine with no problem.

Now the 2nd department has decided that using the manual option is not as reliable and they want to start and end the day automatically. So, I started looking into the DID mode switching with a schedule in 22-17. I think I understand it well enough, but I am not a fan. So, I was thinking what if I put the 2nd department's received number back in 22-11 for the start and end of the day and let the system handle the mode change, but then setup different tables in 22-11/22-17 for use during the day for the manual DID changes.
Does anyone think this will work? I haven't tested it. I think it will, but I am not convinced.

Here is how the programming would look. Assume schdule is 7 am to 7 pm. m-f:
22-11:
mode 1 starts at table 200. So recieved number 3976 and tartget 1200 - day
mode 2 start at table 220. So recieved number 3976 and target 3999 - Night

Now back in 22-17 I will put the 3976 back into did table 1 and give it 300 and 301 for the DID translation table numbers.
respectively in 22-11 in table 300, I will put the target of 1200 and in 301 the target of 3999.

I don't have a system to test this on, but i think it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back