Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

90 grace period

Status
Not open for further replies.

mroberts

Vendor
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi all,

Is the 90 day grace period still available. I have "heard" that going from 7.x.x, making a call, then upgrading to 8.0.43 is not working even though the client is within the 90 day grace period.

Avaya is still allowing major (7 to 8) upgrades as long as the machine is within that 90 days, right? Or are they now requiring the 8.0 upgrade license regardless of the 90 day period??

Thanks

MRoberts

They were supposed to fix it, but they didn't. As such they are now issuing free R8 upgrade licences for customers wanting to upgrade within the 90 days (at least Scansource UK are) :)

I've personally not had a problem with upgrading within the 90 days. That being said, I have only done it with clients using Essential Edition (and when I upgraded them, they were all upgraded to R8.18 and have stayed at R8.18). When you upgrade, you get the Virtual Essential License as long as you are within the 90 day time period.

If you are dealing with vmpro, I haven't done that without having my disti send the free upgrade license so I can't vouch for how that works/doesn't work after the 90 days.

Telecomboy, it isn't every system that gets the issue only a selected lucky few (I have not had it yet) but even though virtual licence shows it's gone after 90 days or it doesn't show at all, but to save playing Russian roulette I get the free licence every time. Until such time they actually fix the issue :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back