Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1.x Server edition Hunt Groups disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwphone

Programmer
Mar 9, 2005
US
I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. I have done some searching and haven't come up with anything recent.

Another technician has experienced Hunt Groups disappearing with Server Edition 9.1.3 and warned me about the issue before I began this project that we are about to discuss. I thought he was losing his mind until I installed a Virtualized Server Edition 9.1.3 and had no problems with Hunt Groups disappearing until I upgraded it to 9.1.5. It didn't start to happen until about a week after the upgrade. Just like my co-worker said, the hunt groups began to disappear from the system. I am onto other projects and now our service desk is attempting to solve the problem. I am implementation so I am out of the loop and on to other installations but I want to know why this is happening. I would also like to help our folks at the NOC when I can. Any input would be helpful. I know this was an issue many releases ago but the fact that it has resurfaced is troublesome. Thankfully it has only appeared on Server Edition systems but I may have only gotten "lucky" that I haven't seen it on a V2 chassis yet.

Thanks in advance

In my experience hunt groups disappearing is either a corrupt config or faulty hardware (bad memory on a V2 control unit).
I'm running SE 9.1.6 with 500 users and my hunt groups are not disappearing.

Ip Office has one such feature. If you reboot with LAN 1 or 2 set to client instead of DHCP server or none it wipes the hunt groups.

I know it. The Carthaginians knew it. And now you know it.

Here's a witty rejoinder for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back