Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.1 - only 1 drive in library being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
US
Ok - my pv 132t with 2 lto1 took a header about a month ago - the picker wouldnt budge at all. And our warranty had expired so we had to wait for a PO to be cut in the meantime I disconnected it and hooked up 2 single drive 122t libraries to fill in. Everything is fine - yesterday dell finally replaced the 132t chassis - the drives are still my original drives - I unhooked 1 of the 122t libraries and hooked the 132t backup - Veritas is seeing both libraries and all 3 drives but is not using one of the drives in the 132t. I have enough library expansion licenses installed. I get no errors - it just won't use the second drive. Device manager shows all drives. The scsi info on the 132 t is; Library ( port 2, bus 0, target id 0 and LUN 0) ,Drive 1 - the one being used ( port 2, bus 0 , target id 1 and LUN 0 ) , Drive 2 - not being used (port 2, bus 0 , target id 2 and LUN 0). What am I missing here?

Updated all the firmware for the rmu,library and drives and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back