Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9.0 - Locked Folder after Backup Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigF1

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
CA
Veritas group:

I backup one file server share that contains 19,959 folders, 338,720 files for a total of 79.2 Gig. Every 3 weeks or so a differential will fail and when doing so, it locks the folder it was backing up when the job failed. The only remedy we've found is a reboot of the target server.

The error message:

"Backup - \\servername\sharename Root of sharename folder Directory \\servername\sharename\subfolder\subfolder\subfolder was not found, or could not be accessed.

None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

Access denied to directory subfolder\subfolder\subfolder\subfolder\."

The shares and subfolders all exist and contain files. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

TheBigF

could be that the files are there but the security permissions are incorrect. Can you take ownership and then assign permissions without having to restart?

I can't normally access the folder at all after it gets locked by BE, I get an 'access denied' that looks like security but domian admins or local administrator IDs can't get to it either. I wondered about permissions at first but it doesn't seem to be it.

TheBigF1

Anyone know what to set the shares on the HDs when backing up in backup exec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back