Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x24DS DR5 with 3rd party vmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanog65

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
US
we need to install a replacement key system for a flooded office in New york. 10 users 11 centrex lines. The calls are hunted or forward (i am told) to and 800 number (offsite) which is an external vmail system (AVC). And at night they are forwarded to the 800 number. They say in the day time during lunch they have to use 2 analog lines to some customer premise equipment from AVC. I have an 8x24DS with with copper trunks and the sets and expansion card and trunk module. though I havent set up the norstar in centrex mode, i dont anticipate an issue. But do I need the EATA (NT8B90AC) boxes for the analog ports to this "onsite cpe" to vmail or do i need that $500 vmail (NT8B89DA)interface. any ideas. I wish i had more details, i just have to take what i think i need and fly from california to this town

I would say that unless the VM is at your location, you don't need the ATA. Looks like you are dealing with analog trunks, so why would you convert analog to digital back to analog. Save your money.

If you have an 8x24 and there has been a flood count your luck stars and get the insurance company to upgrade you to at least a CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back