Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x24 DS w/ Centrex software and Startalk A issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpnugget

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
US
I have an 8x24 DS w/ Centrex software and a Startalk A.
The phone system sees the voice mail in maintenance under port/DN status on ext. 2257 & 2258. Every time I try to log into Admin or use any of the feature codes, the voicemail recognizes the feature codes but will only give me an active intercom in handsfree. I get no log prompt or pswd prompt, therefore I can not re-initialize the startalk.
Does this have something to do w/ the Centrex software?
Is there another feature code range that i need to be using?
I'm stuck on this one. Have not run into this before !!
Any ideas ??

Interesting one,don't see centrex software very much.I would assume that it could be the lower feature #s.If the Feature codes from f980 to f987 are used for something else the norstar will give you different codes.the codes will be fro f900 to f999.to determine which codes it may be use f9*1 and it should display the codes to be used.they may not necessarily be in order.One other thing you may have a bad voicemail.If the above doesn't help i would take the voicemail and try it on another system.

I have seen Startalks become hosed up sometimes and the best thing to do is just unplug the startalk for about a minute then plug it back in. It should take about 2 minutes for it to come back up and initialize. Also I would try logging on from a different set.

It may be a bad hard drive on the StarTalk A. Try resetting the Startalk power and the Norstar KSU. If its still not working properly get a new hard drive. You should get a drive with the 2.04L Y2k compliant version. You can find them all over the internet, even Ebay.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back