Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8x24 DR5.1 using F71 to link to cell on centrex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autox95

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2010
US
I have a customer that has a 8x24 DR5.1 and wants to use the link feature to transfer inbound calls to different agents cell phones. Can he do this on a 8x24 if he gets centrex lines from the CO? He does not want to tie up 2 CO lines any longer. I have already told him that he may need to upgrade to at least a CICS/MICS but that would still require centrex lines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Thanks exsmogger but I know how to assign a feature code to the the phones. What I am asking is if the link feature will work how the customer wants on this system if he adds centrex lines. He wants to transfer inbound calls to cellphones only using 1 CO line. the documentation on "Link" for the DR5.1 just says it is for use when connected to a PBX.
I think the answer is yes from the answers above but I'm not certain.
I wouldn't know where to start with the centrex software. Seams it would be easier to have him order centrex service from the CO.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Here we don't have to have Centrex lines to do this, see if his provider allows a LINK TRANSFER on the loop start lines he has. If they do he shold be golden.

Thanks Hawks. He has tried using the link feature already and it does not work. He gets a busy signal. So he either does not have LINK TRANSFER or when I get on site I need to check how the system is programed.
This is a new customer so I have not worked on it yet. I want to get my ducks in a row before I go out on site.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Call the carrier and ask them if they have the feature available.
"Call Transfer"

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

can he ask his provider to turn on Link Transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back