Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8X Video Card? Urgent Post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KASGPEX

Programmer
Jun 25, 2003
US
No folks, I'm not talkin about backwards compatibility here.

I'm planning on buying (from a array of video cards to choose from), which the image can be found at the below links:

People claim these are 8X AGP Compatible Cards (4X/8X) and will fit in a 8X AGP Slots.. I have no idea what the voltage is. But I am a little suspicious since they do look like 4X AGP Slots.. And as you almost all know, 8XAGP looks like this:

Just need a confirmation about this.. Because it actually looks like it might fit and work.

NOTE: This is an urgent post, it needs 1 reply within a day's length. Thanks for being helpful so far!

If they are true 8X cards, then they will run at 0.8V. AGP 4X and 8X cards use the same connector (as far as I know) which should explain the similarities. Just remember that 4X cards run at 1.5V. If you have a card that can run in either mode, then the voltage shouldn't matter to you.

This documentation provided by AMD explains the AGP 8x spec and that the connector is identical to 4x:

~cdogg
[tab]"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
[tab][tab]- A. Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back