Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8831 Firmware Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRRyan

Programmer
May 18, 2022
US
Got an 8831 recently brand new from eBay, as I tried to power it, it appeared to not turn on. After doing a lot of research I found an field notice from cisco themselves that says that they would fall back to version 9.3.3 which somehow disables the DCU or something, after loading the special sip8831.9-3-3-TO-10-3-1.loads firmware onto the phone, the display did not turn on and still appeared to be dead. I then upgraded it again to the newest firmware I could find for it which I can confirm it updated since I could access the web interface, but it still never would turn the display back on. Has anyone dealt with this issue before or should I just return the phone? I only spent 10 dollars on it so it isn’t that much of a loss but really just looking for ideas before I file for return.

Edit: here is that “field-notice” I mentioned above.

CS1000 Enthusiast
Fire Safety and Security Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back