Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

877W Netflow stats not correlating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2003
NZ
Trying to troubleshoot an issue we are having with high utilisation of a client internet conneciton. Site A and B are linked with a site-to-site VPN connection, IPSEC, both with C877W's. On Dialer0 and BVI1 we have ip flow ingress (manageengine technician changed it to this. If we look at the traffic reports we can see that traffic to BVI1 is being captured from the site B (remote site). If I look at the total in and out for 3 days it adds up to about 1.5gb, if however I look at dialer0+virtual access 2 I see that the usage is 13gb with 11gb of that being esp traffic to the external ip of site B. Now I appreciate that the traffic is encrypted so I wouldn't see it but I would have thought that as I see some traffic between A and B on the internal address that I would also capture the large amount of traffic. Any thoughts as to why I can't see this?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back