Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

860 paper tray jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shean

MIS
Dec 17, 2003
US
I have an 860 that periodically jams at the print tray. A sheet of paper is lifted only half an inch or so and rests on the pad thats part of the paper tray. I do not know if this is because the printer lifts two pages at once or not. This only happens once in say 50 pages. Any solutions? New paper tray or perhaps roller?

You can try cleaning the large pick roller first. If it appears that it is trying to pull multiple pages at once try fanning the paper, if this does not work try a fresh ream of paper. Sometimes paper will absorb moisture causing it to stick together and /or make it harder to pull from the tray. Lastly this may indicate the pick clutch is slipping and may need to be replaced.

It isn't a paper issue : This happens on the average of one per 50 pages on and off. Personally this wouldn't bug me, but in the dept. it's going to that would bug them as they are not computer literate. So either the roller and or the clutch. Thank you.

I had a Phaser 8200 do this and I replaced the paper tray itself and it resovled the issue. We had an 860 and took the paper tray out of it and swapped it with the 8200 and not problems since.

Do you happen to know the part number ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back