Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

855 (ACK segment) for partial fulfullment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gginnj

Programmer
Jan 15, 2009
US
I'm in the process of writing an application that after receiving an 850, displays the contents for a human to approve the order, either IA or IR (accept/reject) each of the line items in the 850. In General this is fine.

What do I do when an order is partially filled? I see there is an ACK code of IQ for quantity changed, shipping. But how do I then put the remaining in as a code BR?

Since the 855 has to have the same number of items as the 850, it seems like I can only IR reject the entire line, or IA accept it and put the whole line on backorder?

My EDI provider is not very helpful in answering these kinds of questions, and the trading partner isn't sure what I mean?

EDI is pretty straightforward until you hit one these situations.

While I can't speak to your particular situation, here is what is in my Amazon 855 specifications concerning partial shipments:

Q: What is the policy at Amazon.com on partial shipments? How should partial shipments be
reported on the 855 document?
A: Yes, partial shipments are allowed. Please use one of the appropriate acknowledgement
codes below to report a partial fill:
BP – partial fill, balance on backorder
CE – partial fill, balance cancelled
The value in the ACK02 equals the quantity shipping.

Hope this helps.

I'll have to check the list of accepted ACK codes again. But both of those codes would work fine.

Thanks
GG

I checked and both codes are there, and if they were any clearer would have jumped out and smacked me.

Guess I was thrown, because the word "shipped" was in the description.

Most likely, this will be the way to go, as the partner is an Amazon like partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back