Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

850 errors: 22.500:92537 and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukkita

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2002
ES
Hi,

I'm going nuts to solve this one. Recently a 850N (about 90000 pages old, always used xerox parts) started to spit errors as soon as two or three pages were printed.

Errors are non consistent, i.e. printing fails (jams generally) but the errors aren't always the same; I saw once a 07.003.45:95234, and lots of 22.500.00 variants; 22.500.00:92537 being the most usual.

I haven't found those error codes on the Xerox site; I don't have a clue what could that be.

Xerox asks for $250 only to see the printer; $450 total if the repair quotation isn't accepted!

I'd better send the printer to the trash and buy a new one than even thinking on Xerox "repairing" it!

Any clues anyone?

The 07.xxxxx message you mentioned is a motor stalling error, as it's only appeared once or twice it's probably a bit of crap in one of the gears.. Try whipping the sides off and see if theres anything obvious..

The 22.500 messages are media jams.

22. means media jam
5 front cover
00 door opened

could be down to a loose catch or the printer being knocked..

Good luck.

Hi!

Thanks for answering! I got this printer service manuals and finally got a clue. I simply removed the sides (as you have suggested) and blowed all the dust and debris; tried it, and... about 1000 pages afetr is still working!

So I guess what you say is the most probable explanation; it seems to work fine now.

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back