Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8411 adjunct port and polycom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sezwhat

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
I've got a user who reported his polycom would disconnect when he joins a conference call. I made some basic test calls and it seemed to worked fine, but sure enough when I attempted to connect to a conference bridge it immediately disconnected.

The polycom is a Lucent Soundstation and he has it plugged into the adjunct port (not the analog adjunct) on his 8411D. I have never seen a digital polycom setup like this and I can't find any documentation that says it is a supported adjunct. Is this supported ? If so, is there any documentation out there so I can confirm the configuration ? Thanks, SW

There are 2 ports on the back of an 8411D. An analog ajunct port and a RS232 port. Which is it plugged into?

edelliot - it is plugged into the keyed adjunct port on the bottom of the phone (not the analog adjunct or rs-232)

jordy- Thanks. That is not the polycom he has, but at least it tells me it could be a supported setup. Do you know if there is any configuration required for the adjunct port to work or is it self configuring? There could be a small line drop when you hit the bridge that it is causing it to drop the call, but I would expect that detection to happen at the trunk level (not at the station). I didn't try a list-trace, so I'll try that tomorrow to see if it tells me anything more. Otherwise I guess I'll try replacing the 8411 and/or the power supply.

There is no configuring to be done for the adjunct port, but on rare occasions you might have to change the speakerphone setting on page 1 of the station form.

They are 2 different polycoms too. You cant just plug an analog polycom into the adj jack or a digital polycom into the analog port. They are 2 diff speakerphones (technically, just diff power supplies).

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back