Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

8400B data module connection for cdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosetjau

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2004
US
Hi all,

was curious, to connect an 8400b data module to a G3r(r9), is it necessary to have a TN553 circuit pack if you are using the digital ports off a TN2224 instead of the TN726 data line card? A customer and i were discussing this and they are having trouble getting the 8400b to recognize the connection to the Definity. All the proper commands are set on the data module and the Definity, but when they wire it up to the TN2224, with and without a telephone, it still signals that there is no PBX connection. They also tried the data line card but since there is no TN553 in that Definity, it won't work either. They are interested in using the data module to pass cdr to a buffer box for their CAS. While i have experience on the cas side, my knowledge on the technical side of the pbx is limited to what the pieces of hardware are. I appreciate any insight you all could offer.

I've searched through the forums and found a lot of info that helped with some other problems with the 8400b but this one still eludes us.

Thank you much.

The G3r cabinet doesn't have an RS-232 connector like the si or Prologix. There are 2 ways to get the data out: via the C-LAN board (IP) or using a data module (7400 or 8400). To use a data module you need a TN553, a TN726, a port on a digital pack (TN754 for the 7400 data mod, TN2181 or TN2224 for the 8400 datat mod), and the data module itself (with power supply). Add the 8400 data module to the switch by doing 'add data module xxxx' where xxxx is a non-DID number. The type should be PDM. Do 'change system-paramaters CDR' and put the extension number of the data module in there. Assuming that the TN726/553 packs have been installed and administered correctly, the G3 sets up an internal connection from the processor to the 553 to the 726 to the data module.

Kevin

Thank you much, this will help greatly.

I've got a similar issue. We've got a G3V4i. I'm told that we do NOT need the TN553 and the TN726; we just need the TN754 to set up a 7400 Data Module.

Is this true?

tia - Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back