Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

840 850 860 Solid Ink - Interchangable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvierk

Technical User
Apr 22, 2004
US
I was wondering if the solid ink of these models are interchangable. It would be an expensive goof but I wanted to check before I make it.

Also, can anyone recommend locations to purchase the ink at reasonable rates. Thank you!

Unfortunately, no the ink is not interchangable between the printers. As far as ink purchases I am not sure. You can always check the xerox site for resellers in your area and compare prices. There are cheaper 3rd party ink manufacturers that sell the ink cheaper, but be aware that the use of these 3rd party inks has caused major printhead failure. There is a compatiability issue with these inks and they tend to wipe out an entire jet bank of colors. This is not recoverable and the cost of the printhead alone is $1700. With cheaper being the key word you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back