Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

806 config help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlee1029

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
Just got an 806 to connect my Earthlink DSL (PPPoE) to my three machines. Can't start the Web interface. Can someone please give me a hand? A example config would be great, one with brief explanations would be even better as I am just learning Cisco's CLI.
I know I'm asking alot, Thanks in advance.

Marlee
As the owner of an 806 I think I maybe able to help you out.

First is your 806 new or used? If it was second hand the config my be preventing you from using the web interface. Are you able to access it with the CLI? If it is new you should be able to follow the included instructions and have no problems. Out of the box my 806 came with a 10.10.10.1 subnet, so you should set your PC's IP to 10.10.10.2/24.

If you still can't get in drop a line here and I'm sure we (all of Tek-Tips members) will get you up to speed! SF18C
CCNA, MCSE, A+, N+ & HPCC

"Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!"

Thanks, was 'bout to give up. The router is used, previous owner saz he reset to defaults before he gave it to me.
Have access to CLI. I've already tried what you suggest and it wasn't working, but I'll try again. Thanks for the advice. Any chance I can get a config example to work from?
I've only got 3 systems to connect: a 98SE, an XP and a 2K system. Want to connect them to my Earthlink DSL (PPPoE), NAT'em and setup a Firewall so I can leave the connection up all the time.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Tried again to start the Web Interface on my 806.
Set my IP to 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.0
And the router's E0 to 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
With no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back