Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

802.1x Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

dput

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2001
US
Trying to set up 802.1x authentication for the first time and I am having trouble figure out the right combo. My AP offers WPA(AES-802.1x) and WPA(TKIP-802.1x). My laptop offers 802.1x with the following EAP types: EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP (EAP-GTC), PEAP (EAP-MSCHAP V2) and LEAP.

I have my Radius server set up and configured with my AP.

Which of these combinations will work?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dan

Did you ever get this figured out?

I am trying 802.1x authentication as well, howver with LinkSys WRT54G router and WMP54G wireless network adapter.

Using Microsoft Internet Authentication Service 2003 to provide the RADIUS functionality, but cannot get it to successfully work.

the IAS setup seems rather straigh forward and easy, but obviously I am missing something.

I have my LinkSys Router using WPA-Enterprise security, pointing at the IP of my Radius Server.
The Radius Server and clients all share the same shared secret.
Using WPA as the encryption for the clients. Have tried the 802.1x option as well as the others, but no luck

Did you ever figure out the correct combo?

I did get it working using 802.1x and WPA2. The biggest issue that was stopping me was a seeting on the Wireless Access Point. It was on the Radius Server settings. I had to change the MAC Format from no delimiter to Multi-Dash format. Once I had this set, everything started to work fine.

Dan

What 802.1x settings did you use? PEAP, or Certificate

Joshua

Cool.

I just got mine working with Certificates.

Gotta run through some quick test to make sure it all working properly.

The event viewer on the IAS server shows "Granted Access" logs to my users, but dont see anything about certificate usage, or any clients showing in RRAS.

Any ideas?

Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back