Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

802.11g soft start blinking after some time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
MU
Hi all!

I have 3 PCs with exactly same configs in terms of hardware and software. Win xp Pro installed on the 3 PCs. I have installed the same model of 802.11g nic on each PC. The problem is that after some time the software for the nic start blinking but no error message is specified. This prob occurs a few minutes after I enable the NIC and scan for the available network. I can ping and access files among the PCs before the prob occurs but afterwards no. Same prob with 2 PCs among the 3. Other PCs found on the wireless LAN works fine and only 1 wireless LAN is available.

What I have done so far:
1. Change the NIC with one which is ok, same thing
2. Install the PC with probs at the same place as the other, same prob

I am planning to reinstall windows on the 2 PCs, but meanwhile any suggestion is welcome!

Check the NICs manufacturer's website and search their support website to see if they have identified the problem.

If the adapter property sheet, including the properties offered through XP's Wireless Zero Configuration service, offers a checkbox to enable 802.1x authentication, uncheck the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back