Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800A01AD wscript.stderr / wscript.stdout / 800A01AD wscript.stdin

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduardite

Technical User
Oct 7, 2009
AR
Hi I am trying to install winrm which calls winrm.vbs
This server has an issue because I get the error message ActiveX component can't create object
When I look the line it referrs to a line that says set stdIn = WScript.StdIn
So I tried to run a simple script WScript.StdOut that says hello world, it works on another computer (cscript script.vbs) and it fails on this computer.
So I know the script is working but I don't know how to trobuleshoot the stdin stderr, stdout class mehtod.
I will appreciate any help

Computer with the issue Windows 2008 x86 version (enterprise)
I have another computer Windows 2008 x86 version working (standard)

The same issue seems to happen in this thread but I could not fix with those suggested steps:

Are you sure the server with the problem is 32-bit? If it's actually 64-bit, you should try running the 32-bit version of cscript from the SYSWOW64 folder (c:\windows\syswow64\cscript.exe by default).

Also I see you cross-posted this all over the place... please do not cross-post to multiple forums without notifying each forum where else you posted. For an understanding why this is bad, read below:

I am sure it is an x86 machine.

I did not received any response on other forums so I am verifying who might know about this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back