Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

800 number entered in IDC table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
CS1000M at 7.6
I recently activated a new 1-800 number that is terminated on our main PRI.
When I dial the 800 number it does terminate at our main switchboard answering position.
However, I would really like it to terminate on an extension in one of our departments.
When I enter the last four digits in the IDC table in LD 49 and point it to an extension number, it won't redirect to that specific number and continues to ring our main switchboard.

So just wondering if perhaps 800 numbers are not eligible for IDC tables?

Thanks.

You also need to apply that IDC table to the incoming trunk route

Our incoming route does have the IDC table listed as other numbers are being converted.

Unless of course the 800 comes in on a different trunk?????

I would verify what trunk group it comes in on and what digits they are sending you

You need to also check with your provider and make sure that the last 4 is what they're sending as the DNIS. I controll my 800's through my carriers portal.

Thanks to those who responded. I do have a call into my vendor.

We utilize the telco's PRA service (megalink) and when I order up 1800 numbers there is normally a LDN or conversion number associated with it. It allows the organization to publish a corresponding local number to hit the same termination on the PBX. This is the actual number or digits that you rx down the pipe.
(ie only) 1800-xxx-yyyy actually has an LDN/conversion number of xxx zzz 1234. Depending on the digits being sent down the pipe will determine your IDC translation. If telco sending only the last 4 digits then in this example 1234 is the source number in the IDC table to be converted. Not sure if there are other ways of ordering 1800 service but this is how it goes in my neck of the woods - which is still damn cold (LOL!)

Food for thought ...

TGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back